Saturday, March 20, 2010

Different kind of art post!

Lately, my hobby has been making handmade cards. I make them and send them to people, or sell them/give them to my friends! :) I love it, because it stretches me as an artist and gives me motivation to do art regularly. I like to make each card at least somewhat different, even if it's just changing the colors. Not one card is the same. I have loved experimenting with lots of techniques and figuring out which things I like most. I think it's helping me define my style as an artist!

Card making relaxes me, and gives me so much joy. It's a great thing for me to do when I'm stressed, or just need to have a break. It's a time for me to think and pray, or listen to music!

Here are just a few of the cards I've made recently:






On another note, Spring is finally coming! The crocuses and snow drops are up and it was 60 degrees out today! YES!! Now lets just hope it doesn't snow again!

4 comments:

Linda Rupsis (Grace Church) said...

Hi Claire,
What beautiful pictures!
I just wanted to say thank you for letting your mom come and speak to us this weekend for the ladies retreat from Grace Church. She has blessed me so much. I am praying for your whole family- for you, as your parents and brothers are away, and for your dad's surgery.
Thank you again!!
Linda Rupsis

Unknown said...

Hey Claire! Thank you so much for sharing your mom with the ladies of Grace Church this weekend! We were so blessed to have her here with us and I can only imagine how you may be missing her. Praying for you in a special way today.
Love,
Darline Jillich

Anonymous said...

Claire,
These cards are GORGEOUS!!!
Next time you are in the States, please bring some to sell ~ I'd love to buy some.
It was such a treat to have your mom with us last weekend at the retreat. She challenged and encouraged us with all that the Lord has taught her.
....And her shoes were soooo cute ~ I even took a pic of them on my phone to send to my daughter ~ she thought they were great too.
Love, Janet Schneider

Lisa Voth said...

Hi Claire--I sat with your mom at the Grace church ladies' retreat. Thanks SO much for sending her our way. And I love your cards--my favorite is the bird on the lampost!