Sunday, May 4, 2008

JV Spring Conference!

This week we had Josiah Venture Spring conference! And this year, CYT (Christian Youth Theater) came to do a play called Godspell! It's a play reenacting parables from the bible and the death of Jesus. It was really great. I even got to sing a duet with a girl named Meagan(in the picture to the left), we had fun singing together.

We started conference on Wednesday and ended today, Sunday. In that short of time, we learned the WHOLE play! And it was really amazing, everyone did such a good job. We learned dances, memorized lines and song lyrics!

I was in the scene of the parable of the Sower and The Seed, The Good Samaritan and then parts where the whole cast did things.

I had so much fun at conference! I really enjoyed getting to know the JV kids better and spending time with the people I don't see too often!

Also, during conference we had a LUAU!! We set up a big "circus" tent and set up "beachy" things in it. We even had a VW bus in there! We had dances, limbos, songs and even a "Hawaiian pinata"!(Which isn't really Hawaiian but it was fun anyway)

P.S. If you would like to see the video of our performance of "Godspell" go to my friends blog, she has the video on there, it is:
http://laurelbugs.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire...

It's fun to read about what's happening in your life, from braces to the conference! I just watched the first song on the video and it was awesome! I'll have to watch the whole thing later, but for now it was fun to get a little taste of it.

Love you, Michelle

Josh and Kristi said...

Claire,
It was great to get some little extra time with you at conference and the days leading up to it. And I'm proud of you for posting about conference already! You were amazing in the play. We watched our video last night and we all laughed at the part where you prance off with the money from the Samaritan!

Unknown said...

Hi Claire,
I am getting ready to leave in a few hours and wanted to tell you again how great a job you did in the musical. I was amazed that you could learn so much in such a short time! I am especially praying for you as you enter these next few weeks after conference.

With love,
Mrs. Kerns