Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dad's home and sick days...

Yay, my dad's home! And he came home right on Father's Day, so it was fun to celebrate two things: dad coming home after two weeks, and what a great dad he is!

For Father's Day we had a nice evening with the family. My present to dad was a drawing of a picture I took a couple of months ago. Here's how it turned out!

On another note, I have been sick for the past two and a half weeks! I went to the doctor and she said that I am sick with some kind bronchial infection (English translation= a bad cough). It's my last weeks of ninth grade, so really I'm not missing much... except for time with my class, which I have sadly missed now with only one week of school left.

Not that I am extremely attached to my class, but I've been with some of them since second grade and others sine sixth. And next year we all go our separate ways!

It is sad in one way that after all these years, we split up, but it's also a good thing. As much as I love my class, there are some kids who I know only because we go to class together, and some that I never even talk to! So, in that sense, I am glad that I get to start afresh next year and go to a new school, have new classmates, new teachers, a whole new school life!


The conclusion: I am sad I am missing time with my old classmates, but am eagerly awaiting time I will have with new ones next year at BMA!


Even through my sickness, I know that God has had this time all planned out, so maybe this is just what my spirit (and body!) needed before Summer! Who knows? (Well, besides God) :D

That is the reason why I am not depressed or in a bad mood about being sick..'cause what good would being that way be?! I am accepting this as part of God's Will, and while at it, am enjoying calm, quiet days at home.

3 comments:

Laurel Jackson said...

Claire that drawing is AMAZING! You are such a good artist!

Anonymous said...

Claire, I just found your blog. I posted one on your mom's :) I just wanted to say how BEAUTIFUL your drawing is and to keep on drawing! I love it. I may try the same picture myself! :)

Have a great summer,

Romana

beccafredo said...

ooh! I love that drawing! Good photo and good drawing too!